What is the difference between connectors, terminals and connectors?
1. Connector, namely CONNECTOR. Also called plug connector. It is a component that electronic engineers and technicians often come into contact with. Also known as connectors, plugs and sockets in China. Generally refers to electrical connectors. That is, a device that connects two active devices, transmitting current or signals.
2. The connector is a positioning joint connected to the electronic circuit. It is composed of two parts, namely the plug-in and the connector. In general, it can be completely separated. The same thing between the switch and the connector lies in the contact through its contact pair. The change of state is to realize the conversion purpose of the connected circuit, and the essential difference is that the connector only has two states of insertion and removal, the switch can realize the conversion of the circuit on its body, and the connector cannot realize the conversion on the body. Conversion, there is a fixed correspondence between the contact pairs of the connector, therefore, the connector can also be called a connector.
3. Terminal block, the English name is Terminal (terminal). It is an accessory product used to realize electrical connection, which is industrially divided into the category of connectors. The terminal block is used to facilitate the connection of wires. It is actually a piece of metal sealed in insulating plastic, with holes at both ends for inserting wires. Terminal blocks can be divided into WUK terminal blocks, European terminal block series, plug-in terminal block series, etc.
2. Practical application distinction
Electrical connectors, referred to as connectors for short, are also called connectors. They are a subdivision of electronic components and are mainly used for the connection between circuits. In industrial production, line connections can be said to be ubiquitous, so the scope of use of connectors is of course very wide, and they are used in various industries.
Connectors are divided into many categories, such as rectangular connectors, circular connectors, stepped connectors, etc. Terminal blocks are a type of connectors, generally belonging to rectangular connectors. The scope of use of the terminal block is also relatively simple, generally used in the field of electronics and electrical, for internal and external connections of PCB circuit boards, printed boards and power distribution cabinets.
The use of terminal blocks is increasing, and there are more and more types. At present, in addition to PCB board terminals, there are hardware terminals, nut terminals, spring terminals, etc., which are most widely used. In the power industry, there are special terminal blocks and terminal boxes, all of which are terminal blocks, single-layer and double-layer. , current, voltage, common, breakable, etc.
3. Distinguish from the scope of attribution
1. "Connector = connector" is the first category, and terminal blocks are only one of the "connector" categories. The connector is the connection between the wire and the wire; the connector is the connection between the wire and the board and the box. In practical applications, they are often classified into one category.
2. The terminal is part of the connector. Connector is a general term. In fact, the common connectors we usually see usually include two parts: housing and terminal. The housing is mostly plastic, which plays a protective role, and the terminal is made of metal, which plays a conductive role.
3. In the electrical and electrical fields:
Connectors, connectors, and connectors are the same product. In layman's terms, it is the kind of stuff that can be quickly connected by inserting or twisting the male and female heads without tools.
Terminals, in layman's terms, are the kind of things that require tools, such as screwdrivers and cold press pliers, to connect two things together. They are generally used for power input and output. The English name is Terminal (terminal).
In general, "connectors", "terminals", and "connectors" are different application forms belonging to the same concept, and are named according to different practical applications.